Please read the document in its entirety.
Application does not guarantee media credentials. Hammerking Productions will review all credential requests and reserves the right to approve or deny. Hammerking reserves the right to remove credential onsite if any policies or procedures, safety or otherwise, are violated.
Hammerking Productions and King of the Hammers are committed to safety of the entire venue, racers, spectators and media. Hammerking Productions is working with the Association of Motorsports Media Professionals (AMMP) to ensure members of the media have received safety training. Safety is of the utmost concern; therefore, Hammerking Productions asks you to respect the media credential levels and process to help ensure the longevity of Ultra4 Racing. Hammerking Productions holds the Bureau of Land Management permit to conduct King of the Hammers. Credentialed media is within the jurisdiction of the permit and permit holder.
There will be three designated media levels for the 2013 King of the Hammers:
Level 1 – Assigned Media – Media representing an accredited media outlet. (Must have an assigning editor.)
Level 2 – Freelance Media – Freelance journalists. All applicants to be approved by the organization. Samples of freelance work will be required.
Level 3 – Photographer and videographer vendors – commercially reselling footage
Level 3 vendors must have a vendor location within Hammertown and a BLM Permit. Each vendor will be assigned 3 credentials. Additional credentials may be purchased. Please contact [email protected]
- Level 1 & 2 Media will have access to the media tent workspace.
- Level 2 Media will pay a $75 fee upon media check-in.
- All media will need to present picture ID onsite.
- VESTS – All credentialed media will be presented a media vest. No media will be allowed to wear personal vests. All Level 1 media will be required to return vests. Level 2 & 3 Media will not be required to return vests
- Members of the media must be at least 18 years of age.
- All members of the media must attend mandatory media briefings.
- All members of the media will be required to read and sign AMMP safety guidelines.
- A MAXIMUM of two (2) media credentials will be granted per APPROVED Internet media outlet unless otherwise approved by the organization.
- Media credentials are non-transferrable unless accompanied by letter from assigning editor.
- NO media credential requests will be accepted onsite. No exceptions.
Published media may be asked to submit samples of published work and/or a letter on letterhead from the assigning media source, editor, etc. Personal, non-copyrighted distribution (i.e.: YouTube, Facebook, etc.) will not be considered “published media.”
Any and all media may be asked to move from a specific location for any reason.
Media credentials may be revoked at ANY time for reasons including but not limited to:
- Unprofessional behavior
- Unsafe behavior
- Ignoring requests of safety workers/BLM and Hammerking officials
For questions, please contact [email protected] or 949.295.2676.
Applicants will be notified via email within seven days of application receipt. You may be asked for additional information. If you do not receive an email, please contact the Ultra4 Racing office via phone to ensure receipt of your application.