Spectators for the 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers may purchase tickets on the lake bed. The price for week-long access is $20 for ages 14 and older, $10 for ages 5-13 and free for children under the age of 5. Wrist bands can be purchased on the lake bed. From February 3rd through February 10th.
The cost of admission gives spectators access to a week’s worth of racing via designated spectator areas as well as nightly access to entertainment inside Hammer Town.
Exciting new spectator opportunities for 2012 include:
- 2012 Smittybilt Every Man Challenge Race featuring the Rubicon Express Modified Stock Class and the Pro Comp Stock Class
- Qualifying rounds for both pre-qualified Ultra4 drivers and Last Chance Qualifier competitors
- A Short Course on Mean’s Dry Lake with a large spectator viewing area
- A JumboTron on Mean’s Dry Lake in view of the spectator area providing coverage of remote obstacles throughout the race
- Hammer Town opening 2 days early – Friday, February 3rd, 2012
- The biggest off-road vendor show on the lake bed to date
Ten percent of the gate will again be donated to a fund to help protect OHV Land Use in Johnson Valley. This year’s donation will be given to the non-profit organization, Partnership for Johnson Valley. The cost of admission also helps pay for additional safety costs including; security, medical personnel, sheriffs, BLM Rangers and BLM usage fees.
** Please Note: Pre-registered drivers, pre-registered pit crew members and pre-approved credentialed media will not need to purchase an additional entry fee at the gate.