Miller & Blue Torch Fabworks to offer free weld support and equipment access to KOH race participants
APPLETON, Wis. — Dec. 15, 2011 — Miller Welders is excited to sponsor the 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers, the toughest one-day off-road race combining extreme rock crawling and desert racing, set against the desert landscape of Johnson Valley, Calif. Partner and off-road manufacturer Blue Torch Fabworks will join Miller Welders onsite to collectively offer free equipment access, weld support and specialized off-road repair to KOH race team participants. The eight-day event, which combines the Smittybilt Every Man Challenge, Pit Bull King of The Hammers UTV Race and 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers race, will feature more than 225 cars and attract 20,000 participants and off-road enthusiasts Feb. 4 through 11, 2012.
“The KOH event is like no other in that those of us that have the pleasure of going will live alongside our off-road customers for a week and see their real-world welding application needs first-hand,” said Miller MIG Marketing Manager John Swartz. “Information like that is invaluable to us and definitely helps Miller from a product development standpoint.”
“Teams travel a long way and invest a lot of money and time into coming to these races,” said Jason Carner, Owner of Blue Torch Fabworks. “To have somebody there who can stand behind the racers and fix stuff, weld stuff — even offer expertise to help them get through the race — is just an invaluable tool.”
In addition to the free weld support and repair, hands-on welding and cutting demonstrations will also be available from the Miller booth, located off Miller Welders Way. Spectators can test MIG, TIG and Plasma cutting equipment, get their welding questions answered, learn how to take advantage of special event discounts and also check out the latest offerings in the Miller line of Arc Armor® welding protection. Products on display and available for demonstration include:
- Diversion™ 180 TIG welder; this easy-to-use welder can connect to 115V or 230V power and features a digital display for accurate adjustment of weld settings.
- Dynasty® 200 Series TIG welder; this welder combines advanced inverter technology with Auto-Line™ technology, offering the most flexible AC/DC TIG/Stick power supply in the welding industry.
- Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ MIG welder with MVP™, featuring a 30- to 210-amp MIG welding output and a great low-end arc for sheet metal work.
- Millermatic® 212 Auto-Set™, also a 210-amp unit, but with a higher duty cycle for making longer welds on thicker material.
- Spoolmate™ 100 and 200 Series spool guns, offering reliable and economical direct-connect solutions for home hobbyists and light fabricators looking for smooth feeding of aluminum wire.
- Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ with XT30 Torch, a 19-lb. plasma cutter with the power to cut 3/8-in. steel in a single pass.
- Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™ with XT40 Torch, a 21-lb. plasma cutter with the power to cut 5/8-in. mild steel in a single pass.
- F-Series ArcStation™, a portable welding workbench with a folding design, convenient handle and wheels that offer the ability to take the 74-lb. bench to the jobsite or to move freely around a shop or garage.
- Arc Armor® gloves, welding jackets and other protective apparel from the Miller line of Arc Armor® welding protection, including the Classic Series helmet.
While on-site, Miller will host a “Ladies Night” on Wednesday, Feb. 8, from 5 to 7 p.m. Following a brief overview by Miller representatives, female spectators are invited to try their hands at welding and cutting in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Attendees will have the chance to win cool prizes, and food and beverage will be provided.
Jason Carner and the BTF team will also be fielding a custom-built Miller Welders off-road race vehicle for the 2012 King of the Hammers premier race featuring innovative new products.
“King of the Hammers presents the ultimate test ground for our equipment, and after three years of competing in KOH, we still love building new products for this race, said Jason Carner. “It’s the best place to test ‘em out and really put ‘em through the ringer.”
For more information, or to track the build progression, visit bluetorchfab.com.
Also stay tuned to MillerWelds.com for updates on other Miller Welders activities planned for KOH.