From: Dave Cole
To: All Teams and Drivers
Date: November 27th, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I hope you are all well. With Turkey Day behind us and Christmas around the corner we are getting close to the first week in February. I wanted to take the time to let you know some things you can expect from the event this year. Please read this thoroughly.
- · Slight tweak to the name… It is officially the 2013 Griffin King of the Hammers presented by Nitto Tire
- · We will have a kids play zone (bouncy house and such) in Hammertown
- · Bring team and sponsor stickers to registration, we will be hosting an ‘Arts and Craft’ day in the main tent where kids and adults alike can make signs supporting their favorite teams. We will be providing the poster boards and markers, they can add your stickers. Something fun and will add to the crowd experience.
- · I don’t have a contract signed yet, but we should have a dyno in town. It will be for entertainment purposes (think $50 a pull with your trail, tow, or race rig…prizes at the end of the week). We will also be working with an Engine Tuner to be able to provide support for the racers.
- · Motorcycles to Sunday…EMC to Thursday
- · Qualifying for Ultra4 and LCQ on Tuesday and Wednesday… 100% live coverage starting and ending in Hammertown (Sorry EMC and UTV, I couldn’t work a course and schedule to get everyone qualifying)
- · EMC and UTV to run the same exact race course. UTV’s starting an hour after the EMC cars. 115 mile course. Two Remote Pits. Remote Pit 1 used once. Remote Pit 2/2A used twice. Main Pit used once. Longest hop between pit stops is 38 miles.
- · KOH is 185 miles. Use Pit 1 once. Pit 2/2A four times. Main Pit twice.
- · Both courses are more technical and longer than last year.
- · King of the Motos will be ~150 long for the Pros and 100 miles for the Experts.
- · Our Live show will make further advancements next year including Live Footage from the Heli and mobile remote cameras (UTV based) so we can get the live story from out in the field.
- · Hammertown will be fully fenced in (see attached map). You will need a wrist band to gain access to the garages at any time. You will need a wristband to get into vendor row after 6:00 PM
- · USAC will be ready to accept payment and license applications within a week, stay tuned
- · The attached Hammertown map shows garage locations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your top three choices of location. Please indicate if it’s the same location you had last year as that will decide any contentions. Also, please indicate your driver of record name and any other drivers that will be co-located with you.·
- If you can share a 40×80 spot with another team, please do. We have more teams than spots.·
- We will have online tent ordering available by tomorrow night. Tent ordering is closed on 12/31/12. Please indicate your driver of record when you order.See you on the lake bed…Dave.